Saturday 20 December 2014

What a nice man

I recently noticed a "floater" (a little speck) dancing inside  my left eye.  Consulting my
optician, I was frightened to hear that this was a sign of mild cataracts.
The optician said not to worry, as "everybody gets them" - this din't help.

In an effort to cheer myself up, I'v named the floater "Cyril" and wrote a note to my doctor for advice.  Here's his reply (addressed to "Miss Amanda Phillips and Cyril") -

Dear Miss Phillips
Many thanks for your note.  I hope I can reassure you that Cyril is unlikely to be a major problem and you do not need to be concerned.  If you do experience any reduction in vision we can quickly and simply replace the lens.  Please do not be concerned about him !

Happy Christmas.
Tim Bates
GP Fort House Surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment